Saturday, 13 February 2016

Piped Cushion

So far this year much of the making has been focused on the boy - makes a change! This cushion was a promise to Finn too - his bed metal bed frame is not very comfortable for reading so a large cushion would be perfect for story-telling snuggling.

I dug out the purple and other complementary fabrics that would go with the decor. I added thick piping and a lovely exposed zip.

In the end I focused on fewer fabrics, mainly using the same material I had used to make his roman blind.

Thursday, 4 February 2016

Mad Scientist

School was having a 'Mad Science Day' but with only a couple of days notice costume choices were limited. Luckily I found the perfect large men's shirt in a charity shop and set about converting it into a lab coat.

 I started by cutting the bottom straight and shortening the sleeves.

I then took in the sides. Using the left over sleeve bits I made square pockets.

I found a great tutorial on Pinterest for making a bow tie, dug out an eye mask from a build-your-own-volcano, added new rubber gloves and a check shirt! Experiment away.