Two new babies and a first birthday all in the same month so throughout March I've started a factory line in Building Blocks. Each set has 6 blocks and each side has a different fabric. I used a mix of spots, plains, elephants, floral and patchwork mix.
By cutting each side the same size of the finished blocks I ensured that the finished block will be snug. I ordered the foam from Ebay and cut it into squares with an electric knife - huge fun, but best done when the kids aren't around!
I machine stitched five pieces together and sewed two complete sides and an inch of the other two sides of the final piece. Then I trimmed the corners and threads, flipped the squares the right way round and squeezed the foam into place. The final edges were finished by hand sewing in a matching thread.