Monday, 17 February 2014

Eva's New Wardrobe

When Nina asked if I could make up a pattern she'd bought I knew it would be a great chance to test my new overlocker. After watching several YouTube films it was threaded it up and I was away.

The patterns Nina had bought were by a company called Minikrea from Denmark. The English translation seemed brief but after a couple of read throughs I felt confident enough to tackle them!

I started with the simple smock top. I copied the pattern pieces onto special pattern paper I'd found on Amazon and added my seam and hem allowances - I knew I might forget when cutting out later!

Within minutes I whizzed up the basic top with super neat seams. Flipping over to my sewing machine to hem and make the neckline and cuff channels for the elastic.

From the material Nina had chosen I made two tops, a plain pink and lovely mustard and turquoise pattern from Cloud 9.

Nina's second pattern was for lined dungarees. I used her soft blue and off white polka dot fabric with the Cloud 9 as a lining.

I adapted the pattern a little by making tie straps and adding a pocket.

I really like how the lining fabric peeks out now and then!

I'm sure it won't be long tip I'm making more of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment