Monday 11 May 2015

Nurse!

Sophie continues to feature heavily in my blog and in my making, the next few posts will be the same as she's turning three and I've used the opportunity for more projects.



 For her new dressing up box I've made this lovely vintage-style nurse outfit.


I designed it without the aid of a pattern. Although you can tell it's homemade because of some of the wobbles, but I think this just adds some genuine 'make-do-and-mend' qualities from the war-time era!


I'm really pleased with the cape. It was simple to construct and the tiny blue apple button is the perfect finishing touch.
 


2 comments:

  1. This is so cute, careful, you'll get roped into making the costumes for the school play!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, if there's talk about a Florence Nightingale performance you'd better keep mum!

    ReplyDelete