Sunday 13 December 2015

Christmas Fairy Wings


Sophie is going to be the Christmas Fairy in the nursery show this year - a big role, as you can imagine. So Sunday morning finds me with some tights, wire hangers and the glue gun - here is how I made her wings:


I used:
green tights
two wire hangers
felt
elastic
tinsel
ribbon
glitter glue

tools:
pliers
needle & thread
glue gun


I started by shaping my hangers, then using pliers, I twisted the handles together.


I covered the know of wires with a square of felt - sewing the tube shut.



 I cut the tights into two and used the bottom section to cover each wing.


 I sewed two lengths of elastic (42cm / 16.5") to make loops and stitched the loops through the tights and felt in place.


I then used the glue gun to attach tinsel to the edge of wings.


I used a metre of thick green ribbon to make a bow in the middle.


Then finished with some green and silver glitter glue.


The Christmas fairy will be ready for the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment