Monday 21 December 2015

Dewar Tartan Wreath

My homemade festive wreath started with this natural rattan wreath from Hobbycraft

By opting for a natural material one I didn't need to completely cover it. It was a good price if it didn't work out! I also used some florist tape and soft wire I already had.

 

I collected pieces of foliage from my garden. I found pieces about 30cm long were a perfect as length as some were cut down to make small bundles.


 I used the tape to make small bundles then attached to the wreath base with the wire.


 I left the top section free to add a ribbon - using a piece of Dewar tartan wool to make a bow.


The final wreath in place on our front door. I'm really pleased with how it looks and it took about half an hour to make. 


I'll keep the wreath so I can reuse it next year and come up with something different.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment