Tuesday 1 December 2015

Sunflower Field Quilt



Last week I delivered  my latest quilt to the Mary Ann Evans Hospice in Nuneaton. It was with the support of the Hospice at Home team that Dad was able to spend his last days with us, at home. Without their kindness and professionalism those difficult days could have been so much harder. I wanted to create a quilt that they could use to help their fundraising. I used their sunflower logo as my inspiration.


Each of the 12 sunflowers uses a brown, orange and yellow fabrics. The background 'field' are strips of beautiful greens. 


I've had a lovely email from the Hospice team:

"Just wanted to pass on our thanks for the quilt that you dropped off on Saturday! We LOVE it and it will be great for a prize in 2016, our 25th Anniversary Year! As it quite summery, we have decided that it will be raffled nearer the summer either as a prize at our ball or as part of our Garden Party. We really are very grateful for such a lovely gift that has clearly taken a lot of time and dedication to complete"

So watch this space for an update on how much it raises!


 My helpful assistant was a little short to hold the quilt but did a great job, even though she insisted on being in the shot!


No comments:

Post a Comment